- ITALIAN DESIGNERS – VAVAVAVOOM!
- Honest Review of Avelle/Bag Borrow or Steal
- Authentic Designer Handbags, Watches, Jewelry and Sunglasses – You Can Rent At A Fraction Of The Cost Of Buying!
- Coach 13974 Hampton Signature Multi Tote – Khaki/Blue
- Designer Brand Items for School, Work and Play
- Designer Handbags
- Fashion Accessories Guide
- Hot Animal Print Handbags, Embossed Leather bags and Purses.
- Linda Scheno on Authentic Designer Handbags, Watches, Jewelry and Sunglasses – You Can Rent At A Fraction Of The Cost Of Buying!
- Apartment For Rent on Cameron Diaz carries a Gucci Positano Straw Handbag
- The Kid on Cameron Diaz carries a Gucci Positano Straw Handbag
- Replica Watches on Watch out for fakes – how to tell if your Louis Vuitton handbag is genuine.
- Gift Ideas on Watch out for fakes – how to tell if your Louis Vuitton handbag is genuine.
Let’s face it, there are a lot of fakes out there. While making counterfeit goods is illegal, it is definitely profitable. Many women seek to save money on expensive items like luxury designer purses. Most, however, may not be too interested in having a counterfeit handbag. Buying fakes may contribute to sweatshops and illegal child labor in third world countries. Replicas could be a good way to go, if you’re interested in the look of a designer handbag and can’t or don’t wish to spend the money on the “real thing.” Replicas won’t try to copy the monogram of the original designer. Louis Vuitton, Christian Dior, Prada, Gucci, Burberry and Kate Spade are the handbags that have the most counterfeits.
General guidelines to spot a fake handbag:
- Beware of the source. For example, purse parties, or those selling from the trunk of their cars are usually fake.
- Kiosks in shopping malls selling for a fraction of the original cost are most likely not selling genuine goods.
- Garment districts in big cities,flea markets and Chinatowns are also not a reliable place to shop.
- Look for shabby workmanship – material not lined up right, stitching that’s pulled in places.
- Made in China or Taiwan (dead giveaway). Better yet, check out where each designer purse should be from.
- Handbag’s lining is glued instead of being stitched.
Since Louis Vuitton imitations may be the leading seller in counterfeit handbags, let’s look at some specifics to watch for when buying a Louis Vuitton handbag.
- Classic LV monogrammed bag will usually sell for $400 – $1000 dollar price range.
- Snaps are monogrammed on authentic bags.
- Handles are made of a whole strip of natural leather.
- Handles of light tan leather color will darken naturally after a few weeks – fakes are often painted.
- Handle stitching is yellow and will be even looking.
- Zipper is heavy and made of brass.
- The canvas will be neither too soft or stiff and not shiny or oily appearing.
- LV pattern will line up on both sides consistently.
- Id cards are not issued in yellow or green, like a lot of fakes come with.
Another word of advice, if you’re thinking of forking out a lot of money for a handbag you should do your research and shop at a reputable source.